Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Direction

Throughout this blog, I hope to share with readers my challenges adapting to an alcohol-free existence; candid stories of some of my previous debauched nights out that have led me to forego booze; and hopefully provide an entertaining and provocative read which will either challenge your own beliefs about alcohol, or provide some light relief about some of the stupid antics myself and friends have 'enjoyed'.

Typically I will provide 'field' reports after each night out, musings about the pub/club scene in Ireland, and comments on social dynamics and how alcohol distorts the picture.

I completely respect each persons freedom of choice to drink. Simply put, I want to try things from the other side for a while, and won't be condemning or criticising anyone's wish to take alcohol, nor will I be getting up on my soapbox to convert anyone.

Some background to my story is that I'm also a single man. Drinking was always the easiest way for me to summon the courage to approach women, and I've been relatively successful using bottled confidence. Without this aid, I really don't know what to expect, so it will be a steep learning curve. That curve shoots upward this Friday, with my first sober night out in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment